Thursday, October 9, 2008

Whoopee ! I am now a new Girl Scout Leader. On Monday I finnished my final leadership training . We ended with a Friendship circle and reflecting on what we would want our Girls to say about us ( leaders ) 10 years down the road.
My thought was that,I would want them to honor me the way I feel I am honoring the incredible Girl scout Leaders from my past.
What great memories Girl Scouting brings back to me! We had such ablast during that time in my life. I am finding that I am still on that same Girl Scout journey,
I started back in 1967.
I will be the Leader for Daisy Girl Scout Troop 575. Daisy's are Kindergarten and 1st graders.So my girls should be about 5 and 6 years old and we have about 11 girls signed up.
On Tuesday we had our Parent meeting and we had 8 moms and daughters to show up .
We had two offers for Cookie Mom and two offers for First Aide Postions. I am very excited about our first meeting Next Monday.
Caro is so so excited about the Girl Scouts And she is very proud of her Leader Mom too.
We practise the Girl Scout Promise and Law at least once per day .

The Girl Scout Promise


On my honor , I will try
To serve God and my country ,
To help other people all the times
And Live by the Girl Scout Law.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love your blog, Ellyn! I have saved your blogsite on our website. babyjellybeans.com
password: Robin

I can't wait until we travel together to go get our baby girls from China!

Blessings,
Karen